Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for


H is for Home Schools!


Not all students attend public or private schools.  Many parents these days are choosing instead to keep their children at home and educate them there.  And just like regular schools there are different home schools.  Some are strictly taught at home, some do classes online, some work with local schools and just do work at home, but do work with the local teachers too.

Why bring up home schools, when the point of this blog is helping out and getting involved with local schools?  Because a school is a school.  Up until releatively recently in the grand scheme of things, most children were taught at home.  And you can help home schools just as you would regular schools. 

For example they can always use extra supplies:  pencils, paper, teaching supplies, reading materials etc.  Also, as with regular students some do go on field trips and if you own or work  with a company, museum, institute, etc. in their area they would love to get a chance to see how things work or have a tour. 

They can also qualify for funds from companies like Box Tops for Education .   Want to get involved and help out with a group in your area? Here is a list of home school organizations.  Do you home school yourself? Be sure to go and register so you can connect with other parents in your area.  Also I'd love to hear from parents who home school and how they feel about getting outside help.  Feel free to leave your comments and let me know!  





4 comments:

  1. God Bless you for Home Schooling. Here in New Brunswick, Canada, all my children were in public schools. However, I worked closely with the teachers in helping out any way I could with my children's education. I know what a tough job teaching can be.
    I'm visiting on the A to Z Challenge and I really like your post.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of homeschooling. I wish it had been a more organized and funded option when my children were in school. I think we have Charter schools here now, but I had never given a thought to the box tops and the Campbell's soup for education labels--donating them to Home School groups. Thank for the link :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, hope the link comes in handy. :)

      Delete